Saturday, January 5, 2008

What this happYness project is all about...

Someone close to my heart has introduced me to this whole concept of happYness - not that I was unhappy when I met him...I guess a little uptight and not really being free. Through the months that we've grown close to each other, I slowly grasped the concept and I am now ready to start my own happYness project - without him. You must understand that for quite some time, I was blinded with the thought that he is the only person who could make me truly happY, or that he is the only source of my happYness. And it hit me just recently...after so many struggles and emotional turmoils...that happYness is a daily decision...and that there is really no one to help me be happY but "me".

I am a newbie to this happYness thing, but there is one blogger, Gretchen Rubin (now writing the book "The Happiness Project" due in 2009), who is more adept on this topic. Her blog, Happiness Project, is an inspiration to me in this endeavor. In the coming days, I shall post my own happYness commandments, and other stuff to kick-off this project. Writing this blog in itself puts a smile to my face. What a way to start the new year ;)

No comments: